Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jessica Lynch- My Experience as a New Member of Sigma Tau Delta


I am a recently inducted member of Sigma Tau Delta and so far I can say that my experience has been a very positive one. I find that the fellow sigma members are very friendly and welcoming and I was really excited to find that I had been accepted into such an elite group. I have attended four events thus far and am very excited about showing my support and helping in any way I can. I was a little worried at first that I wouldn’t be able to balance being a full time student, working a part-time job, and fitting these events in every semester but I find that there are a lot of events during the semester and it’s really easy to attend at least five. The events are not all about business either. Some events are fun to attend and it seems more like everyone is hanging out than attending an official event. I attended the Spooky Story Reading and found that it was an interesting meeting and I enjoyed sitting, relaxing, and listening to people read. Another example of a fun event is the movie night where we watched Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events. I like that Sigma Tau Delta works hard at fundraisers to raise money for good causes and I like that everyone seems to support one another in their thoughts and ideas. I feel comfortable as a new member of Sigma Tau Delta and I can not wait for more opportunities to help and be apart of.

No comments:

Post a Comment