Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jeffrianne Wexler-Gutsin- Final Essays

So, yeah. Final year. Last minute course requirements, looking for housing, figuring out what to do with your life...and papers. Lots of papers. Lots and lots of papers, filling up weekends and nights (and mornings) with stressful and daunting pressure. 

Oh, be still my heart. 

Oddly enough, it hasn't really been that bad. I mean, yeah, my roommates have become desensitized to the long and constant stifled screams that emanate from my room the days before a paper is due. 

We all groan when that essay is assigned. My freshman year, I found the thought of a five page paper painful. It continued throughout my college career, but five pages became eight pages then ten pages. Each time, I would frantically plan my study schedule (including the unavoidable procrastination hour that I would undoubtedly require). 

But now? It's funny. I don't mind anymore. I am alright with the idea that I have three ten page papers (all in different departments) due within the week. And I've actually begun to dread next year. No more homework assignments; no more desperately scouring the library for sources and the Internet for information. No more essays. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...I'm gonna miss essay writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment